- Courthouse Hotel: Clarendon Boulevard, North Adams Street and North 14th Street
- Courthouse Plaza East: Current Courthouse Plaza parking lot; Court Square West Building and North 15th Street, North Courthouse Street and North 14th Street.
- The 11-story hotel will be a Marriott Residence Inn and will have 172 rooms. Parking for 133 cars will be provided.
- Donohoe Companies is developing the hotel-restaurant complex.
- At Courthouse Plaza East, County improvements will include ceremonial public plaza, public parking garage, cultural arts center, new homeless shelter and two new office buildings.
- Landmark parcel across North 15th Street will be included in the planning and development of the Courthouse Plaza East.
Arlington County and Arlington Hotel Associates LLC have entered into a ground lease to develop a hotel -- 20 years after the initial development at Courthouse Plaza. In addition, at the east end of the Courthouse Plaza complex, there is a development opportunity for a major, urban mixed-use project incorporating two office buildings, a cultural center, a civic urban plaza and underground parking. Arlington Economic Development is working to insure that County priorities are met including the provision of underground parking, the cultural center, relocation of the homeless shelter and any future office space requirements that the County might have.
- Opening date Fall 2009.
- The Marriott Residence Inn will feature upgraded exterior materials and an elegant, urban interior design. The public areas will feature a cosmopolitan, upscale guest experience.
- The proposed design will include a new pedestrian entry plaza from Clarendon Boulevard, which will improve the access and visibility of the existing street level retail.