AED Home
Arlington Economic Development Logo
SEARCH
 

A Day of Foster.ly

Presented by Arlington Economic Development, Microsoft, Avison Young, Startup America Partnership regions (Virginia, Maryland, DC), OPOWER, FounderCorps, LadiesDC, DC Entrepreneurship Week, Arlington Mobility Lab, Artisphere, Capital Bikeshare, Uber, and more...

I'm sorry, we've exceeded capacity for the day's activities and had to close registrations. However, that doesn't mean that you (and your friends) can't join us at night. To join the party, visit:  http://www.dayoffosterly.com/register/

We’ve been working diligently to organize a tremendous event, which will include a Study Hall – in collaboration with Bolster Labs, Intridea, nclud, Viget & Whitmoyer – multiple speaker panels, an Entrepreneurship expo, a talk to a mentor/VC/Angel/journalist component, one hell of a party at night, full run of Artisphere’s facilities (including the galleries and terraces) and more.

Shaping up to be one of the region’s premier days of entrepreneurship collaboration, the day will be capped with a party at night feature featuring Two Car Living Room (a band comprised of local entrepreneurs and investors), followed by FatbackDC DJs Philippe and Steven.

Described as one of the fastest growing entrepreneurship communities in the region, Foster.ly has provided online and offline resources to boost entrepreneurship in DC, Maryland and Virginia since its inception last year.  We're working hard to accelerate the pace of development of Foster.ly’s platform to introduce additional features, such as a robust all-inclusive searchable entrepreneurship resource directory, a news platform, and events page. Searching for a female entrepreneur who lives in Arlington that knows Ruby on Rails and is available to freelance? Foster.ly will help.  Interested in seeing a historical record of where a company has showed up in the news? Foster.ly will help.  Having trouble figuring out what events are coming up?  You get the point...

Joining partners which already include Arlington Economic Development, Microsoft, Avison Young, Startup America Partnership regions (Virginia, Maryland, DC), OPOWER, FounderCorps, LadiesDC, DC Entrepreneurship Week, Arlington Mobility Lab, Artisphere, Capital Bikeshare, Uber, and more, you’ll meet some great people, attend a full day of events, and help make the Virginia, Maryland and DC entrepreneurship ecosystem stronger.
One region. One community. Foster.ly.

About Study Hall
A component of the Day of Foster.ly, atlhough registration to Study Hall was originally restricted to designers and developers, we've cut the expo area down to make room for non-designers and developers as well. Within a great space made possible by Arlington Economic Development, a Study Hall (developer or designer) attendee will also win a free Ultrabook courtesy of Microsoft BizSpark.  As a collaborative effort between Foster.ly, Bolster Labs, Intridea, nclud, Viget & Whitmoyer, the developer and designer component of Study Hall will have a significant amount of talent in the room.

Space is limited for the developer and designer component Study Hall, and there will be a wait list.

The Day of Foster.ly Charity Component
$1 from every registration will go in to a charity pot.  Every registrant will get a single vote toward their desired charity. The charity with the most votes will recieve 75% of the charity pot while a random charity will recieve the other 25%.  (Charities will include NFTE, CodeNow, and others.)

Date: May 12, 2012
Time: 12:00 pm - 12:30 am
Location: Artisphere
1101 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22209
Fee: $25.00
Registration: Sorry, registration is closed.
For more information, please contact:
Name: Foster.ly
Email: DayOfFosterly@Foster.ly

Meeting Materials:

Day of Foster.ly information packet


Calendar View | List View


Printer Friendly Version of This PagePrinter Friendly Version of This Page