The Arlington blend of urban sophistication and neighborhood charm is unmatched in the region.
Elegant high-rises, bustling Metro stations, a diverse cultural scene, an exciting nightlife, plus 500 restaurants (many of them found only in Arlington), live theaters and much more make Arlington this area’s premier place to live, work, play and stay. Learn more about each of our unique "urban villages" in more detail.
- Ballston — A variety of hotels, shopping and dining fit every taste and budget, whether you’re here on a family vacation or a quick business trip.
- Clarendon — Blending nationally-known retailers with funky, one-of-a-kind boutiques and well known favorite restaurants with "only-in-Arlington" eateries, Clarendon hums with activity morning, noon and night.
- Columbia Pike — Art deco buildings, small-scale, specialty retail and Arlington's greatest concentration of ethnic restaurants make the Pike a unique tourist destination.
- Courthouse — Courthouse boasts a growing array of restaurants, pubs and lounges, a movie theater, and hotels just steps from Metro.
- Crystal City — Bright and vibrant Crystal City, Arlington's largest downtown, features an abundance of fine restaurants, cafes, specialty stores, outdoor movie nights, bike trails, and D.C.'s premier physical theater, Synetic Theater.
- Pentagon City — With literally hundreds of stores and restaurants, The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, the Pentagon Row shopping and entertainment complex, and Pentagon Centre offer an incomparable shopping experience for all: designer-clad fashionistas, avant-garde trend-setters, and those who just like to keep it simple.
- Rosslyn — With monumental views of Washington, D.C., and its location right across Key Bridge from Georgetown, Rosslyn is a favorite place to stay, eat, shop and meet when visiting the National Capital Area.
- Shirlington — Stay in The Village at Shirlington, and you'll have the best of food, entertainment and boutiques at your fingertips.
- Virginia Square — Home to George Mason University’s law school, graduate school and continuing education programs plus Defense Department research facilities, Virginia Square boasts some major IQ points.
Printer Friendly Version of This Page